Latest News

Sunday 6 February 2011

How to put on Showshoes

How to put on Snowshoes

Recently, I was out leading a hike with the Niagara College Outdoors Club, and came across two women who were on snowshoes.

Both women were complaining bitterly about their first hike in their new shoes. When I approached them, they were visibly frustrated and remarked they were planning on disposing of the snowshoes after this hike as they were rubbish.

A quick examination of their predicament and I noticed they had put the snowshoes on incorrectly. After some quick advice on how their snowshoes needed to be attached to their boots, they were on their way and happy with their purchase.

After the hike, I ran into them in the parking lot and they said I had helped them enjoy the snowshoes and they would have otherwise thrown them into the rubbish bin.

As a result, I decided to create a short how-to film in properly using snowshoes. Please comment and enjoy.





No comments: